Apple Pie Sandwiches
- 2 c
- apples-peeled and diced
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- plus 1 tbls. sugar-divided
- 5 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 12 slice
- white bread
- 3 large
- 2/3 c
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar-for dusting
How to Make Apple Pie Sandwiches
- 1In a saucepan, cook apples and water over medium heat for about 10 min. or until apples are tender.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg;stir into apple mixture.
- 3Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- 5Spread six slices of bread with 1/3 cup filling each;top with remaining bread.
- 6In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar.
- 7Dip sandwiches in egg mixture in egg mixture.
- 8Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- 9Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
- 10Smother with maple syrup if desired!