Apple Pie Pastries
Recipe from my Feb/March - Best Ever Desserts - Taste of Home book.
Picture courtesy of Taste of Home.
2 call purpose flour
1 ccold butter, cubed
1 Tbspcider vinegar
3/4 cpacked brown sugar
1 Tbspall-purpose flour
1 tspground cinnamon
5 Tbspcold butter, divided
6 smalltart apples, peeled and cored
How to Make Apple Pie Pastries
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly; set aside. Melt the remaining butter. Cut apples into 1/2-in. rings.
- Shape dough into sixteen 1 1/2-in. balls; roll into 5-in. circles. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Place one apple ring in the center of each circle. Top each with 2 teaspoons brown sugar mixture. Fold edges of dough over apple rings, leaving centers uncovered; crimp edges. Brush dough with remaining melted butter; sprinkle with sugar.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm.
Prep time does not include the 20 minute chilling time.