Apple Pie Crumb Bars
1 18 ozpackage yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cquick cooking oats,divided
1/2 cmargarine,softened and divided
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 to 3/4 tspground nutmeg
1 21 ozcan apple pie filling
1/4 cbrown sugar
How to Make Apple Pie Crumb Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, while oven is heating grease and flour an 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, 6 Tablespoons margarine,1 cup of oats,cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside 1 cup of this for the topping.
- To the remaining mixture add egg and mix well.
- Press evenly into pan, pour pie filling over base and spread evenly.
- Take remaining topping and add 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 2 Tablespoons of margarine,and brown sugar.
- Mix well, and sprinkle over apple pie filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until topping is a light golden brown.If desired serve with ice cream.