Apple Pecan Pastries
The original recipe for this dessert comes from the Peppridge Farm Puff Pasty site.
*NOTE* I didn't include the thawing time for the puff pastry in the prep time of this recipe. Generally its 40 minutes, but that might depend on how hot it is in your kitchen.
1/2 pkgpuff pastry (1 sheet-i used pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets
1 cbrown sugar (packed)
1/2 cwhite spelt flour
1 tspground cinnamon
1/8 tspground nutmeg
2 cpeeled and diced tart apples
1 cchopped pecans or walnuts
1 Tbspcold vegan margarine in small pieces
How to Make Apple Pecan Pastries
- Thaw the puff pastry as per the package directions.
Heat the oven to 375'F
- Stir the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add the prepared apples, nuts and butter and toss to coat.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 10x15 inch rectangle. Brush the pastry with water. With the long side facing you spoon the apple mixture onto the pastry.
- Keep 2 inches of the pastry clean of mixture closest to you and spread the apple mixture right to the edges of the short side of the rectangle. Cover the whole sheet.
- Roll like a jelly roll and cut the pastry into 12-1 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep the slices 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden. Remove the pastries onto a wire rack and sprinkle with confectioner's or powdered sugar.