Apple Pecan Pastries
The original recipe for this dessert comes from the Peppridge Farm Puff Pasty site.
*NOTE* I didn't include the thawing time for the puff pastry in the prep time of this recipe. Generally its 40 minutes, but that might depend on how hot it is in your kitchen.
- 1/2 pkg
- puff pastry (1 sheet-i used pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets
- 1 c
- brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 c
- white spelt flour
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 2 c
- peeled and diced tart apples
- 1 c
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 Tbsp
- cold vegan margarine in small pieces
- confectioner's sugar
How to Make Apple Pecan Pastries
- 1Thaw the puff pastry as per the package directions.
Heat the oven to 375'F
- 2Stir the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add the prepared apples, nuts and butter and toss to coat.
- 3Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 10x15 inch rectangle. Brush the pastry with water. With the long side facing you spoon the apple mixture onto the pastry.
- 4Keep 2 inches of the pastry clean of mixture closest to you and spread the apple mixture right to the edges of the short side of the rectangle. Cover the whole sheet.
- 5Roll like a jelly roll and cut the pastry into 12-1 1/4 inch slices.
- 6Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep the slices 2 inches apart.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden. Remove the pastries onto a wire rack and sprinkle with confectioner's or powdered sugar.