- 4 c
- apples, peeled and sliced or chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- 1 c
- 1 stick
How to Make Apple (or Peach) Crisp
- 1Place the apples in a buttered casserole dish. Place a few little pats of butter over the apples.
- 2Mix together cinnamon, sugar, salt and flour and sprinkle evenly over the apples.
- 3Cut the flour and sugar into the butter for the crust until the mixture resembles smallish, course pieces. Drop over the apple filling.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
- 5**To make Peach Crisp:
Subsitute PEACHES for apples. If you are using canned peaches drain most of the liquid off, but not quite all of it. Also substitute NUTMEG for the cinnamon. Follow the rest of the recipe as written.