How to Make Apple Jerky
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put shredded apples and cereal in a food processor in batches and process for about a minute. Its okay to have small chunks of apples.
- Then mix together with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Line a large round pizza pan (16" diameter) with parchment paper.
- Spread a very thin layer of this mixture on the pan. Press down with fingers and palm to get a very compressed, thin layer covering most of the pan( about 1/4" thick)
- Bake on center rack for about 60 - 90 minutes or til very dry, but do not burn. Remove from oven and let cool. When cool enough to handle, rip into smaller pieces. If some pieces are still too moist, place back in oven til it becomes dryer.
- Place on a serving dish, but do not cover for at least 3 hours or it will become moist again.