★★★★★ 2 votes5
·4 large tart apples
·1 c milk
·2 eggs, seperated
·1 tspn sugar
·1/2 tspn salt
·2 cups flour
·t tblspn baking powder
How to Make Apple Fritters
- Peel and core tart apples and cut into rings
- To the milk add the well-beaten egg yolks and sugar.
- sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to milk/egg mixture, then fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Add sliced apples, being careful to get them completely covered in batter.
- Fry in deep fat (360-370 deg.) and fry for two to three minutes. Server with powdered sugar.