★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 4 large tart apples
- 1 c milk
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 tspn sugar
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 2 cups flour
- t tblspn baking powder
How to Make Apple Fritters
- 1Peel and core tart apples and cut into rings
- 2To the milk add the well-beaten egg yolks and sugar.
- 3sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Add to milk/egg mixture, then fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 5Add sliced apples, being careful to get them completely covered in batter.
- 6Fry in deep fat (360-370 deg.) and fry for two to three minutes. Server with powdered sugar.