1pastry for 2 pie crusts
6apples, peeled and cored
1 cgranulated sugar
3 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 cgranulated sugar
·vanilla ice cream
How to Make Apple Dumpling
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll pastry slightly less than 1/8" thick.
- Cut into seven inch squares.
- Bring syrup ingredients to boil.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Put apple on center of each pastry square.
- Fill with mixture of sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dot each with teaspoon of butter.
- Bring points of pastry up over apple and overlap.
- Place in a baking pan separated slightly and pour one cup of the hot syrup mixture around dumplings.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Just before serving pour rest of warm syrup over dumplings and serve with the ice cream.
- Variation: Peach Dumplings: use 3 large peaches, peeled and pitted (in place of apples).
- Put peach half on center of each square and proceed as for apple dumplings above.