- 8 c
- thinly sliced, peeled granny smith apples (about 4 large/2lb)
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed, divided
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 c
- old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 c
- cold margarine
- vanilla wafers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
- 1 1/2 c
- thawed cool whip whipped topping
How to Make Apple Crisp
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Toss apples with 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Spoon into 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- 3Combine oats, the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add wafer crumbs; mix well. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- 4Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cooled. Top with whipped topping.