Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one really good apple crisp. It has all the classic crisp flavors and tastes like fall in every bite. Just remember to slice the apples thin. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a bit of whipped cream... delish! The Test Kitchen
8 largeapples peeled and sliced or chunked (however you prefer)
1 cbrown sugar
1 tspcinnamon (I added a touch more, I like to live on the edge)
1 call purpose flour
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350* Use a 9x13 pan and place your sliced or chunked apples in the bottom.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Use half of that and sprinkle over the apples.
- In another bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and egg. Use a fork or hands to make a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle entire bowl over the apples.
- Next sprinkle rest of brown sugar mixture and top with melted stick of butter.
- Bake approx 40 minutes and all I gotta say about this is YUM!