A great desert or anytime snack.
I used a can of Apple Pie filling for this. Cherry, Berry or even Lemon Pie filling would work great.
Quick and Easy.
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/3 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 /4 stick
- butter cold
- 1 can(s)
- apple pie filling (21 0z), add 2/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- oil to oil pan
How to Make Apple Cobbler
- 1Oil an 8" by 8" cake pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Biscuit Mix: Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar to medium bowl. Stir dry ingredients and combine well. Cut cold butter to pats then slice and cube. Incorporate butter 1/2 at a time. I use a multi-blade hand pastry blender to do this. Combine rest of butter until mixtures is crumbly. Slowly add in 1/3 cup cold water a little at a time. Don't over mix.
- 3Apple Pie Filling: In separate bowl add the 2/3 cup Brown Sugar and 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon to the Apple Pie filling. Stir well.
- 4Add 1/2 the pie filling to pan. Then top with 1/2 the biscuit mix. Just dump it around. Then add remaining apples followed by remaining biscuit mix.
- 5Top with three pats of Butter and a sprinkle of Cinnamon and Sugar. Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees, reduce heat to 325 degrees for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- 6Serve warm with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.