★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspsalt (optional)
2 capples, chopped coarsely (i used cortlands)
How to Make Apple Cake
- Mix butter, sugar milk and egg.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Add to first mixture.
- Add vanilla and apples and mix gently.
- Optional additions: walnuts or pecans, coconut, or raisins.
- Grease and flour an 8 X 8 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. The center should be set up when it's done.
- Tastes great with a small dollop of whipped cream or a little ice cream when served warm.