Apple Brown Betty
This is a net picture.
4 mediumgranny smith apples ; peeled and sliced
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 cstale pound cake crumbs (can use coarse bread crumbs too)
4 1/2 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1/4 tspground allspice
1/4 tspground ginger
1/4 tspapple cider
How to Make Apple Brown Betty
- Using 1 TBS of the butter , liberally coat a 1-1/2 Qt. baking dish.
- In a medium bowl , combine the apples and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl mix together the cake crumbs , 3 TBS. of butter , sugar , cinnamon , allspice and salt.
- Place 1/2 of the sliced apples in the buttered dish.
- Cover with 1/2 the cake crumb mixture.
- Add the remaining apples and drizzle with the apple cider.
- Top with the remaining cake crumb mixture.
- Dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake @ 375° for 45 minutes or until the apples are tender and bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.