AN ARGENTINIAN LOVE a PEAR!
4ripe bartlett pears, halved and cored
1pre-made refridgerated pie crust dough (any store bought brand)
1/4 cbrown sugar
3 Tbspsoftened butter
3 Tbspcrushed walnuts
1/4 cquick cooking rolled oats
1/4 cdulce de leche (any store bought brand)
1/4 Tbspground cinnamon
1/2 tspbrandy extract/ or brandy
How to Make AN ARGENTINIAN LOVE a PEAR!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a paring knife, very thinly peel the pears. Halve the pears and with a melon- baller, hollow out the centers. Be sure to keep the companion halves of each pear together, so they will match up perfectly after stuffing and putting back together.
- Combine the brown sugar, softened butter, walnuts, quick cooking rolled oats, cinnamon and brandy in a small bowl.
- Firmly pack the mixture into the both sides of the hollowed out pears. Put the pear halves back together, making sure they have a smooth seam.
- Roll out the pie dough and cut into 4 long strips. Wrap each stuffed pear with the dough, and removing any excess dough. Smooth out the dough around the pear so there are no seams, and it forms to the exact shape of the pear.
- With the excess dough, cut out leaf shapes with a paring knife. Brush the pears and the leaf shapes with the egg wash and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Place the pears and the leaf shapes on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Be sure to check on the leaves and remove them after about fifteen minutes, or until they achieve the browned color that you desire.
- Remove pears from oven and let them cool for about 15 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Heat the dulce de leche for 15 seconds in the microwave. Slice in half and drizzle with the warm dulce de leche.