Ambrosia Fruit Salad
Weight Watchers value:6 points per serving
From my Southern Living Ultimate Christmas Cookbook
- 1 c
- fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c
- sugar or (12 packets or 3 1/2 tbsp. of truvia)
- 1/2 c
- 4 large
- navel oranges
- 2 c
- fresh pineapple chunck (1/2
- 1/3 c
- sweetened flaked coconut
How to Make Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook, stirring often, over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until most of cranberries pop. Grate 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp orange rind from oranges.
- 2Remove cranberries from heat, and stir in 1 tsp orange rind. Let cranberries cool completely. Cover and refrigerate.
Section oranges over a large bowl, catching juices. Add pineapple and 1 Tbsp orange rind to orange sections in bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 3To serve, spoon oranges and pineapple into individual dessert dishes; top evenly with cranberry mixture. Sprinkle each with coconut. Serve with meringue cookies if you like.