☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk, half and half or light cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can chunky apple pie filling, with 10% added fruit, 21 oz
- 4 1/2 cups dried 1/4 inch cinnamon raisin bread cubes (8 or 9 slices)
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
How to Make Slow Cooker Apple Pie Bread Pudding
- 1Lightly coat inside of a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and sugar. Stir in pie filling; gently stir in bread cubes. Transfer mixture to the prepared cooker.
Cover and cook on low setting about 3 hours or til a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Mixture will puff up.
- 3Remove liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Let stand, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes to cool slightly. Pudding will fall as it cools.
To serve, spoon warm bread pudding into dessert dishes. If desired, serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Serves 6
- 4To make dried bread cubes, preheat oven to 300. Cut fresh bread into 1/2 inch cubes. Spread in single layer in 15 x 10 inch baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or til cubes are dry, stirring twice. Cool. Or let bread cubes stand, loosely covered, at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours.
Essential Slow Cooker