Slow-Cooked Rice Pudding
- 1 c
- (250 ml) arborio or other short-grain rice
- 2 c
- (250 ml) 35% cream
- 4 c
- (1 litre) milk
- 1 pinch
- 1/2 c
- (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp
- (5 ml) vanilla extract
How to Make Slow-Cooked Rice Pudding
- 1In the slow cooker, combine the rice, cream, milk and salt. Cover and cook on high heat for 2 hours.
- 2Add the sugar and vanilla and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- 3Lower heat to low and continue to cook for another 1 1/2 hrs or until rice is tender and pudding has thickened.
- 4Let cool partially and serve warm or cover and chill it you wish.