Lively Huckleberry Bread Pudding
Mrs. Michael J. Lively
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 slice
- texas toast bread, cut in 1" cubes
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, cut in 1" cubes
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted in pan
- brown sugar, sprinkled over the bottom of pan
- 1 1/2 c
- sweet cream or italian sweet creamer
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- huckleberry syrup [see attached recipe below]
- 2 c
- filtered water
- 2 c
- 3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- lime juice
IN A SAUCEPAN: MIX SUGAR AND WATER BRING TO BOIL, ADD BERRIES, WATCH CLOSELY SO IT DOESN'T BOIL OVER, BOIL 20 MINUTES STIRRING OCCASIONALLY. REMOVE FROM HEAT ADD LIME JUICE. DRIZZLE SYRUP OVER BREAD PUDDING.
How to Make Lively Huckleberry Bread Pudding
- 1Line a 9x9x2" pan w/parchment paper, lightly spray w/olive oil.
- 2Melt butter in pan in microwave, sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter, covering the bottom.
- 3Arrange 1/2 the bread crumbs, add cubed cream cheese, sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of berries over breadcrumbs and cream cheese, top w/remaining bread cubes, sprinkle 1/2 cup of berries over the top.
- 4In a large bowl beat eggs, sweet cream, vanilla and huckleberry syrup till light and foamy, pour over bread mixture, cover tightly w/foil, refrigerate overnight.
- 5Remove from frig. about 1/2 an hour before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, uncover and bake 30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned.