Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
3 chalf & half
1 1/4 craw or demerara sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground nutmeg
5 cgluten free bread cubes
2 smallgolden delicious apples
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 stickbutter (1/2 cup)
How to Make Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Warm the half & half over medium heat; add the raw sugar and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl until well-blended.
- Cut the bread into 3/4-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Peel the apples if desired, and chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Mix with the bread cubes.
- Slowly whisk the half & half into the beaten eggs, and add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the bread pudding mixture to the greased baking dish. Press down the bread cubes to help them be covered with liquid as much as possible.
- Bake until the custard is set and the top is nicely browned, about 45 minutes. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before serving. Scoop the pudding into individual dishes and spoon 2 tablespoons rum sauce over each.
- RUM SAUCE:
In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water, butter, and rum. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil gently until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- NOTE: I used Udi's Cinnamon Raisin Gluten Free Bread for this recipe, but any brand of a good gluten free bread will work just as well.