Flan de Coco (Coconut Flan)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1 (14) oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12) oz
- can evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 6 large
- 1/2 c
- fresh shredded coconut
How to Make Flan de Coco (Coconut Flan)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place 1 cup of the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook gently, without stirring, but shaking occasionally until the sugar has melted.
- 3Continue cooking until the sugar has completely melted, and turned golden brown.
- 4Pour into a large, glass baking dish. Spread the caramel evenly over the bottom of the dish, then set aside to cool for 15 minutes before proceeding
- 5Once the caramel has hardened, pour the condensed milk, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and coconut into a blender. Blend for 3 minutes until smooth. Pour into baking dish over the caramel.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes until set. When done, remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- 7Run a knife around the edges of the dish to separate the flan from the sides. Refrigerate overnight.