Flan de Coco (Coconut Flan)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cwhite sugar
1 (14) ozcan sweetened condensed milk
1 (12) ozcan evaporated milk
1/2 cwhole milk
1/2 cfresh shredded coconut
How to Make Flan de Coco (Coconut Flan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 cup of the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook gently, without stirring, but shaking occasionally until the sugar has melted.
- Continue cooking until the sugar has completely melted, and turned golden brown.
- Pour into a large, glass baking dish. Spread the caramel evenly over the bottom of the dish, then set aside to cool for 15 minutes before proceeding
- Once the caramel has hardened, pour the condensed milk, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and coconut into a blender. Blend for 3 minutes until smooth. Pour into baking dish over the caramel.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes until set. When done, remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the dish to separate the flan from the sides. Refrigerate overnight.