One Valentines day I made it for everyone at my church. It was a huge hit! That was 3 years ago and they still talk about it!!
- 4 c
- heavy cream (1 quart)
- vanilla bean
- 1 c
- vanilla sugar split
- 6 large
- egg yolks room temp
- 6 to 8 oz ramekins
- large pan for water bath
- kitchen torch (optional, you can use the broiler)
How to Make Creme Brûlée
- 1Preheat oven to 325, if baking in a convection oven heat it to 300 or use convection conversion on your oven. Most will convert it for you.
- 2Split the vanilla bean and scrape seeds out mix with cream in medium sauce pan and also place vanilla bean in with the cream and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let it rest for 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean from cream mixture. You can save the vanilla bean, I wash it and when dry add it to my sugar than I always have vanilla sugar, quite tasty!
- 4Place ramekins into a large pan and add boiling water to the pan to go halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake just until set, brulee will be soft in the center about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from pan let cool and place in fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours. You may store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 5To serve remove brulee from fridge and let set at room temp for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining vanilla sugar on top of the brulee and than using a kitchen torch melt the sugar to form a light brown and crispy top. If you don't have a kitchen torch you can place them under the broiler for a few minutes, but keep a close eye on them you don't want to over cook them. Let brulee rest for about 5 minutes after you have melted the sugar before serving. Serve and and you'll inspire all your guest with this wonderful and tasty creation. Enjoy!