☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1loaf french bread (16 oz.)
4 cheavy cream
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
4 Tbspdark brown sugar (packed)
1 cchopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Bread and Butter Pudding
- Grease a 9x13x2-inch baking dish with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cut loaf of french bread in 1 1/2 inch slices
- butter bread slices
- cover bottom of prepared baking dish with bread slices.
- sprinkle buttered bread with 1/2 of cinnamon,pecans,and raisins.
- repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- beat eggs,yolks,and sugar with a whisk or fork in a large bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream and milk in a 2 qt. saucepan over low heat until warm.
- stir in vanilla.
- stir some of the warm cream mixture into the egg mixture.
- return the egg mixture to the saucepan.stir well.
- pour over bread. let stand 10 min. sprinkle top with brown sugar.
- bake 40 min. or until crust is set.
- serve warm or at room temperature.I like to serve with a warm pecan caramel sauce or ice cream, or both for a real sugar overload.
- You can add in apple or peach pie filling,between the layers.I cut the fruit up in the pie filling because some brands are too thick.Or you can add fresh sliced apples(2 cups) tossed in cinnamon and brown sugar,or fresh sliced peaches tossed in a little sugar.
- You can use a store bought caramel sauce or make your own, I chop the nuts and toast them to bring out the flavor.