Bonet (Italian Dessert)
- 3 large
- eggs, separated (whites and yolks will be used)
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- amaretti cookies, crushed (i used thin almond wafers)
- 1 Tbsp
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 c
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Bonet (Italian Dessert)
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F
- 2In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until smooth.
- 3In a food processor, combine the egg yolk mixture with the crushed amaretti, cocoa, milk and rum. Process for a couple of minutes until very well mixed. Strain the mixture into a bowl. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- 4Pour into four 2-inch individual molds or a single large 10-inch ring-mold.
- 5Set the mold(s) in a roasting pan and add hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the molds. Bake in the oven at 300° for about 30 minutes, or until set. Let cool completely.
- 6Turn out onto a plate, and serve.