Bonet (Italian Dessert)
3 largeeggs, separated (whites and yolks will be used)
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 camaretti cookies, crushed (i used thin almond wafers)
1 Tbspunsweetened cocoa powder
How to Make Bonet (Italian Dessert)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until smooth.
- In a food processor, combine the egg yolk mixture with the crushed amaretti, cocoa, milk and rum. Process for a couple of minutes until very well mixed. Strain the mixture into a bowl. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into four 2-inch individual molds or a single large 10-inch ring-mold.
- Set the mold(s) in a roasting pan and add hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the molds. Bake in the oven at 300° for about 30 minutes, or until set. Let cool completely.
- Turn out onto a plate, and serve.