Belizean Bread Pudding
1 1/2 lbloaf white bread (day-old is best)
1 3/4 cgranulated sugar (350g)
1/2 cseedless raisins (300g)
1 Tbspcinnamon (3dsp)
1/2 cbutter (125g)
7/8 cevaporated milk (200ml)
1 2/3 ccoconut milk (400ml)
1 ozrum (or brandy or vanilla extract)
How to Make Belizean Bread Pudding
- Break up the bread into a large bowl. Add the sugar, raisins, butter, cinnamon, and mix gently with a large spoon.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the evaporated milk, coconut milk, and water; cook until hot.
- Add creamy mixture to the bowl with bread pieces, and set aside until bread is soggy. Then add the alcohol (or vanilla extract) and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C,.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Pour bread pudding into greased pan, and bake 90 minutes, or until the bread pudding is crunchy. Let cool completely.
- Turn out and place crunchy side up. It's delicious as is, or even better topped with ice cream, custard, or whipped cream.