☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cplain flour
2 cwhole milk
1 tspvanilla extract
1 boxvanilla wafer cookies
4 mediumbananas, peeled and sliced
How to Make Banana Pudding
- Butter a 2 quart pyrex dish. layer bananas and vanilla wafers in the buttered dish.
- Combine eggs, sugar, flour, and milk in double boiler. Cook until mixture thickens to coat a spoon (sauce will be thin).
- Remove from the heat. Add butter and vanilla. Cool before pouring over layered bananas and cookies. You can serve it like this or make a meringue and put it over the pudding baking until golden.
- Suggestion from Carol Watson: Add 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter when you add the butter and vanilla.
- My daughter - in - law mashes the bananas instead of slicing. One recipe says to add the mashed bananas to the egg mixture while cooking; then pour over layered bananas and cookies.
- This recipe is very similar to the one that my mother made. She only used the egg yolks in the pudding. When Shannon was about 4 years old, he was staying at my parents. They went to buy groceries and Shannon picked up a piece of paper from the floor and pretended to be reading a grocery list that goes like this: bananas and vanilla wafers to make a banana pudding. He loved banana pudding!