Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
- 1 lb
- sweet potatoes or yams , cooked and peeled
- 1/4 c
- margarine or butter
- 1 can(s)
- (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp
- each ground cinnamon, grated orange peel, and vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp
- graham cracker pie crust
- 2 Tbsp
- each dark corn syrup and firmly packed brown suvar.
- 1 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1/2 tsp
- maple flavoring
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425. With mixer, beat hot sweet potatoes and butter until smooth. Add sweetened condensed mils and remaining ingredients except crust and Pecan Topping; mix well Pour into crust.
- 2Bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Pecan Topping (see below).
- 3Remove pie from oven; reduce over to 350. spoon pecan Topping on pie.
Bake 25 minutes longer or until set. Cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 4PECAN TOPPING Beat together egg, dark corn syrup, brown sugar melted butter and maple flavoring. Stir in the chopped pecans. (Use as noted above.)