Simple, Very Blueberry Flavored Pie
Blue Ribbon Recipe
One bite of this scrumptious pie, and your taste buds will be bursting with happiness. If you're a blueberry lover, then this recipe is for you. Each bite has the wonderful taste of fresh blueberries. Fantastic! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Simple, Very Blueberry Flavored Pie
- You can use my pie crust recipe or any box or frozen pie crust of your preference. Roll out bottom crust and put in sprayed 10' deep pie dish. Role out top crust, set aside.
- In a small bowl add the sugars and corn starch, mix well.
- If you are using a 9" pie dish cut back the berries to 4 cups and reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup and use only 3 tablespoons of corn starch.
- In a larger bowl, add the blueberries. They can be frozen berries but you have to measure out first, then microwave until thawed. Mix in the lemon or lime juice. Now stir in the sugar starch mix well and pour into the pie dish crust.
- Place the butter on the berries. Now put the top crust on, cut and crimp the edge and cut in the vent holes. If you want to use a lattice top, cut the strips and weave them on the top, crimp.
- I sometimes add an egg wash or butter with a little sugar on the top crust. This photo is just plain, nothing added.
- Place on the middle shelf in a preheated 450'F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350'F and put on a shield, cook for another 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling nicely.