Sharlotka (Russian Apple Pie)
How to Make Sharlotka (Russian Apple Pie)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, sugar, and eggs, baking soda & vanilla, beat well
- Core the apples and cut them into thin slices
- Grease a 9" pie pan or cake pan and dust it lightly with flour. You can also use a round of parchment paper on the bottom to ensure it comes out easy.
- Arrange all apple slices on the bottom of the pan
- Pour the batter mixture over the apples
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinamon or a combo of both once cooled.
- May be served warm or at room temperature