Roasted sweet potato pie
3 croasted sweet potatoes
1 1/2 csugar
6 Tbspbutter, melted
4 Tbspkentucky bourbon i use jack!
1/2 tspfresh grated ginger
1/2 tspfresh grated nutmeg
1 1/2 cwhole milk
19" pie shell
How to Make Roasted sweet potato pie
- preheat oven 350F Please use a 9" deep dish pie plate! Enjoy kids!!!!
- wash and clean about 6-8 medium size sweet potatoes ( I use garnet yams) Bake for 45-60 min until just soft..let cool slightly so you can handle them and clean out all meat. I know this may seem like a lot of work but it is well worth the effort. Give it a shot REALLY!!!
- Place potatoes, sugar, melted butter eggs vanilla and bourbon, salt and spices in food processor. Mix thoroughly. Add the milk and continue to mix.
- Pour batter into pastry pie shell. It will come to the top worry not...it will be wonderful. I place the pie plate on a baking sheet lined with parchment to avoid spills.
- Bake for one hour and check with a knife if it comes out clean it is done...depends on oven, mine took almost 90 minutes.
- Let cool to room temp and enjoy with ice cream, whipped topping or nothing at all. It is just plain GOOD!!!!