Pumpkin Pecan Pie
1unbaked pie shell
2 largeeggs (slightly beaten)
1 lbcan pumkin (or 2 cups)
1 2/3 clight cream or evaporated milk
3 Tbspsoft butter
2/3 cbrown sugar
2/3 ccoarsely chopped pecans
How to Make Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- Blend together eggs and pumpkin.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Blend in cream.
- Turn into pie shell.
- Bake in a hot oven (400) degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and pecans.
- Gently drop by spoonfuls over cooled pie to cover top.
- Broil 5" below heat until mixture begins to bubble about 3 minutes.
- Watch carefully (if cooked too long, top will turn syrupy).
- Cool on rack.