Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with Pecan Topping
Recipe adapted from Strawberry Mommy Cakes.
Photo adapted from The Busy Beet.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 can(s)(15 ounces) pumpkin
1 pkg(8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground ginger
1/4 tspground cloves
1 can(s)(12 ounces) evaporated milk
1pie crust shell
1 Tbspbutter, softened
1/4 clight brown sugar
1/4 cchopped pecans
1/4 csemi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie with Pecan Topping
- Beat eggs in a blender until yolks are cracked, then add cream cheese.
Beat on high until there are hardly any lumps (2 minutes).
- Add pumpkin, sugar and spices.
Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell. Don't fill it too high. You'll probably have some left over.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking, mix together topping ingredients.
After the pie has baked for 30 minutes, sprinkle topping mixture over the top. You don't have to use all of it, just what you prefer.
Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center of the pie comes out clean.
Let cool for 2 hours.