☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 Tbspunsalted butter,cubed
2 1/2 c+1 tbsp bleached all purpose flour, spooned into a cup and leveled off
1/4 tspaluminum free baking powder
1/2 ccream cheese, cold
3 Tbspheavy cream
1 Tbspcider vinegar
How to Make Perfect Pie Crust
- cut butter into 1/2 ins cubes, tightly wrap in plastic and place in freezer till frozen (at least 30 min )Place flour, salt, and baking powder in a gallon size zip top bag and freeze at least 30 min.
- Add flour mixture and cream cheese to a food processor, pulse until it resembles coarse meal, about 20 seconds. Add the butter, pulse until pea size clumps form, add heavy cream and vinegar and continue pulsing until smaller pieces form.
- Spoon 1/2 the mixture into a plastic bag, while holding the bag steady with one hand alternate using the heel and knuckles of your other hand to knead the mixture until it comes together. remove the dough from the bag and place on a large sheet of plastic wrap knead until dough feels slightly stretchy when pulled, repeat with remaining mixture in a clean bag, fold plastic over each piece of dough and shape into a 1 inch thick disc, chill for 45 ( or up to 2 days before use)
- set a disc of dough between 2 sheets of lightly floured plastic wrap, with a flour dusted rolling pin work from center outward to roll dough into an 1/8 inch disc about 12 ins in diameter, lift dough from plastic from time to time and flour the rolling pin and dough to prevent sticking
- loosen dough from plastic wrap and carefully transfer to a 9 ins pie plate, gently ease dough into place: stretching the dough will cause it to shrink during baking. Trim the edges with kitchen scissors, cover the dough and refrigerate 30 min or up to 3 hours, fill up the pie and roll out the dough for top crust.
- Lightly moisten the border of the bottom crust with water. Place dough over the top of the pie and trim so that there is a 1/2 inch of overhang, tuck the over hang under the bottom crust and gently press all around the edge of where the filling meats the dough to seal. Crimp border using your forefinger and thumb or a fork , use a knife to make small slits into the top of the crust to let pie steam while baking. Cover loosely with plastic and chill 1 hour before baking