Pear & Pineapple Pie
- pie crusts - ready made or by scratch
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- zest from a medium sized lemon
- 3 c
- fresh pear (peeled and sliced)
- 3 c
- fresh pineapple (diced into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 Tbsp
- juice from the 1 medium sized lemon
How to Make Pear & Pineapple Pie
- 1Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon,salt and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- 2Mix the Pear and Pineapple with the juice from 1 Lemon and place 1/2 of the mixture into the pie crust. Sprinkle 1/2 of the flour mixture over the fruit. Add the rest of the fruit mixture and sprinkle the rest of the flour mixture on top. Pat the filling down a bit to make it firm.
- 3Thinly shave the butter and place randomly around the top of the pie filling. Cover the pie with second crust, press the sides together with a fork and cut a slit in the top of the crust.
- 4Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes then cover crust with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 5Uncover crust and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until crust in golden brown. Remove pie and let it cool for 45 minutes on cooling rack.