Pear & Pineapple Pie
2pie crusts - ready made or by scratch
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspground cinnamon
1zest from a medium sized lemon
3 cfresh pear (peeled and sliced)
3 cfresh pineapple (diced into 1 inch cubes)
1juice from the 1 medium sized lemon
How to Make Pear & Pineapple Pie
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon,salt and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Mix the Pear and Pineapple with the juice from 1 Lemon and place 1/2 of the mixture into the pie crust. Sprinkle 1/2 of the flour mixture over the fruit. Add the rest of the fruit mixture and sprinkle the rest of the flour mixture on top. Pat the filling down a bit to make it firm.
- Thinly shave the butter and place randomly around the top of the pie filling. Cover the pie with second crust, press the sides together with a fork and cut a slit in the top of the crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes then cover crust with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover crust and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until crust in golden brown. Remove pie and let it cool for 45 minutes on cooling rack.