How to Make Peaches and Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 350*
Using a baking pan lined with parchment paper arrange peach quarters on pan.
(the purpose of roasting off the peaches is to remove most of the juice so that the pie will be creamy not runny)
This is a very important step.
- Sprinkle peach quarters with the 2 tablespoons sugar.
Bake 30-40 minutes until peaches look dryer but not browned.
- Cool peaches 15 minutes before arranging on the (uncooked) pie crust.
Reduce oven temperature to 325*
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, flour, salt,
- In a medium bowl whisk together, egg yolks, heavy cream, and vanilla
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Combine until smooth.
- Pour mixture over arranged peaches.
- Bake on 325* for 35-45 minutes. My oven takes about 35 minutes. It will be very slightly brown on top. I test for doneness by giving the pie a gentle shake. If it doesn't jiggle then it's done.