- 8 large
- fresh peaches, skinned, pitted and sliced*
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- pastry recipe for a 9" double crust pie
- 1 small
- egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make PEACH PIE
- 1Mix flour, cornstarch, nutmeg, vanilla, sugar, and butter into a crumb stage.
- 2Place one crust in the bottom of a 9" pie plate.
Line with a layer of sliced peaches.
Sprinkle some of the crumb mixture on top of the peaches, then add more peaches on top of the crumb mixture.
Continue layering until both the peaches and the crumbs are all used.
- 3Top with lattice strips of pie crust.
Combine milk with egg and mix well.
Brush egg mixture (wash) over lattice strips
- 4Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, or until crust is gloden brown.
Allow to cool before slicing.
- 5*Note: Peaches can be skinned much like a tomato: score the skin (X) and place in boiling water for a few seconds, then into cold water to stop the cooking process.