Peach Pie ala Tammy
What I got tasted so delicious that I had to ask the chef if he would give me his recipe. I told him where I was from and that peach was my favorite fruit pie.
He told me it wasn't an original recipe and wrote out a quick version of what he used.
I naturally tweaked it a bit and made it my own. I use canned peaches with mine, since they're not in season all the time.
And I put a glaze on mine, while he did not.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
110" double pie crust (i use pillbury pie crust. just roll it out and use it.)
1 can(s)(29-oz) yellow cling peaches in heavy syrup
3 Tbspreserved peach syrup
1 csugar, divided
1/2 cbutter or margarine, melted
1 tspvanilla extract
2 Tbspbutter or margarine, melted
How to Make Peach Pie ala Tammy
- FOR CRUST: Roll out dough and prepare a 10" pie crust. Do not bake. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- FOR FILLING: Drain peaches, reserving 3 tablespoons syrup. Set aside. Cut peaches into small pieces. Place in large bowl. Combine cornstarch and 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar. Add 3 tablespoons reserved peach syrup. Add remaining sugar, eggs and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup melted butter and vanilla. Pour over peaches. Stir until peaches are coated. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- Cover pie with top crust. Cut slits or designs in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- FOR GLAZE: Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving. Refrigerate leftover pie.