6cooking apples, peeled and sliced (*see note)
1 teasp.ground cinnamon
1/2 cupbutter, softened
1/2 cupdark brown sugar
1 cupall-purpose flour
garnish:vanilla ice cream, or reddi wip, or cool whip
How to Make No Crust Apple Pie
- Butter one (9-inch) pie plate.
- Pile sliced apples in the pie plate.
- Sprinkle the 2/3 cup of sugar over the apples.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the sugar/apples.
- Top the pie with pats of butter, with the 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine together, the 1/2 cup of butter, dark brown sugar, flour and salt. (I just use my fingers to thoroughly mix these ingredients together.)
- Press the crumbly mixture firmly over the apples.
- Place your pie plate filled with apples (and topped with crumbly crust), onto a large pizza tin, so any juice from the apples will drip onto the pizza tin.
- Bake pie in oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool pie slightly, or completely, before eating.
- Serve pie with vanilla ice cream, or with Reddi Wip, or Cool Whip.
- *Note: The apples I used to make this pie were, McIntosh Apples.