Nanny Darling's Apple Pie
Patricia D Page
8-10 largeapples, granny smith
3 tspall purpose flour
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 clemon juice
How to Make Nanny Darling's Apple Pie
- **Prepare the pie crust you have chosen for one 9 inch DEEP dish pie tin for a 2 crust pie.**
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Wash, core, peel and 'thinly' slice your apples.(important) Place in large bowl cover with water and lemon juice. Give a stir and set covered in frig.
- In bowl, mix butter,flour,white sugar,brown sugar,and 1/4 cup of cream. Mix and pour all into medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer just a bit until it's like syrup. Set aside,
- Bring your apples out, drain well.Pour them into your bottom pie shell until they are heaping almost falling off. Pour the syrup all over them coating them well. Place the top pie shell on or make a criss cross cover. Trim and crimp crust.
- Place your pie in preheated oven in the middle of the mid rack. (Hint: you may want to put a cookie sheet under as it may bubble over a bit.)
- Bake for 15 minutes. at 425 degrees. This sets your crust.
Turn oven down after the 15 minutes to 350 degrees.
I put a "tent" of aluminum foil over my pie (s) once the crust is golden so that it won't become too brown or burn. Hate when that happens don't you ?
- Bake time is normally 1 hr . However, your pie is done when the apples are tender. I know you are going to enjoy this treat and proudly serve it to your family or guests. Enjoy ! ;)