My Pie Crust made W/Butter NOT bad for us CRISCO
1 1/2 call purpose flour or your choice of white or wheat?
1/2 cunsalted butter (1 stick)
1 tspiodized sea salt
6-7 Tbspwater, doesn't have to be cold water. room temp is fine
How to Make My Pie Crust made W/Butter NOT bad for us CRISCO
- Mix Flour and Salt in a large bowl with a pastry Blender OR fork until well combined.
- Add Cold butter cut up in slices to the flour/salt mixture. Use pastry blender to blend. I blend until butter pieces are small.
- Add Water 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture is moist but NOT wet. Leave in bowl while you flour surface for rolling out the dough.
- Flour your rolling pin as the dough can get sticky, this will prevent it from making a mess. Add little flour at a time onto the rolled out dough to prevent sticking to rolling pin. Roll out into a large enough circle to make sure and cover your pie plate giving enough extra to flute the sides to your liking. This recipe if for a double crust OR 2 pie crusts. If you are making a single crust split recipe in half!
- For pre baked pie shell, prick with fork to keep crust from bubbling up when baking. Bake in preheated oven at 425 for 10 minutes or so, depending on your particular oven, they all register differently. For a pie that is baked, do NOT prick crust, just add your filling and bake as directed.