My Friend's Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie
2 chalf and half
1/2 stickbutter, melted
1-1/4 ccoconut, flaked or shredded
9 inchdeep dish pie crust
How to Make My Friend's Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs and sugar well with hand mixer.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the half and half; add back to remaining half and half, and stir until well combined.
- Add half and half mixture slowly to the egg/sugar mix, while continuing to beat on low speed; add salt. Stir in the melted butter by hand. Add vanilla and coconut.
- Pour into pie crust; bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Cover edges of pie crust with foil if browning too quickly. Top of pie should be a golden color.