My Friend's Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie
- 2 c
- half and half
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 large
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 stick
- butter, melted
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- 1-1/4 c
- coconut, flaked or shredded
- 9 inch
- deep dish pie crust
How to Make My Friend's Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix eggs and sugar well with hand mixer.
- 3Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the half and half; add back to remaining half and half, and stir until well combined.
- 4Add half and half mixture slowly to the egg/sugar mix, while continuing to beat on low speed; add salt. Stir in the melted butter by hand. Add vanilla and coconut.
- 5Pour into pie crust; bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on your oven.
- 6Cover edges of pie crust with foil if browning too quickly. Top of pie should be a golden color.