Mom's Rhubarb Custard Pie
1cup call purpose flour
1/4 ccool water
4 cfresh rhbarb
2 Tbspall purpose flour [heaping]
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 coat meal
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/4 stickbutter, softened
How to Make Mom's Rhubarb Custard Pie
- Add flour, dash of salt,and crisco together cut crico in till it looks like peas.
- Add cool water with fork mix to form a ball.
- Put on floured surface and roll with rolling pin till round and fits in pie pan. Flute edges and cut off excess.[ Or use store bought pie crust.]
- Pour boiling water into bowl with 4 cups rhubarb. [let stand 10 min.] Drain
- Mix flour, sugar, and eggs add drained rhubarb mix well. Pour into pie shell.
- Mix flour, brown sugar,and oatmeal in a bowl.Using fork or fingers cut in butter till mixed well .Spead over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees 1 hr. or untill knife comes out clean.