Mom's Pecan Pie - Barbara's Version
Barb from Texas
Note: I had to adjust my cooking time because my oven cooks fast. The time listed here is from the original recipe found on the myrecipes.com website.
- 1 1/2 c
- pecan pieces
- 3 large
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- light or dark corn syrup (i use dark)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- (9 inch) deep-dish unbaked pie shell
How to Make Mom's Pecan Pie - Barbara's Version
- 1Spread pecans halves in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2Bake at 350 degrees for 5 - 8 minutes Watch closely that you don't over cook them. After cooling I chopped pecans keeping large pieces as much as possible. (my preference)
- 3Stir together eggs and next 5 ingredients; stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie shell.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 55 mminutes or until set, shielding pie with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Serve warm or cold.