Mom's Mincemeat Pie
How to Make Mom's Mincemeat Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and chop the apples. Place the apples into a medium bowl. Pour the brandy over the apples and stir to coat.
- Add the mincemeat. Stir to combine with the apples.
- Place a pie crust into a deep dish pie pan. Press the crust down to fit the pan. Pour the mincemeat mixture into the crust. Top with second crust, tucking edges under and fluting the rim. Cut a couple of slits in the top crust for vents.
- Bake 30 minutes until heated through. Serve warm.
You can make a lattice for the top crust if you prefer.
You can omit the brandy, if you don't like alcohol.