Mom's Great Cobbler
- 1 c
- 1 c
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 stick
- butter (the real stuff)
- 1 lg can(s)
- sliced peaches or
- 3 c
- fresh fruit (strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, blueberries, pineapple, your choice)
How to Make Mom's Great Cobbler
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a 9/13 baking dish.
- 2Add fruit or peaches to the dish and spread evenly. You may want to separate different kinds of fruit, but when we use the mixed fresh fruit, we mix it up. You may want to use more or less fruit.
- 3Mix the remaining ingredients well and pour over the fruit. Sprinkle another 1/2 cup of sugar over the top of the batter
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. The top should be completely browned.
- 5Let cool a few minutes and serve plain or with ice cream, half and half or whipped cream.