Lemon meringue pie
Linda Mc Abee
- eggs separated
- 1 can(s)
- 14oz can sweetened condenced milk
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- 9 in gram cracker pie crust, store bought or home made
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1/4 c
- white sugar
How to Make Lemon meringue pie
- 1Beat egg yolks; sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Pour into prepared crust.
- 2Bake in preheated 325°F (160°C) oven for 25 minutes.
- 3Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy; gradually add sugar beating until stiff peaks form but not dry. Spread meringue on top of hot pie, sealing carefully to edge of crust.
- 4Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool. Chill before serving, if desired.