Lady BAT'S Apple Pie
1 can(s)apple pie filling
4fresh apples, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
3/4 cold fashion oat meal
1 pkgpre-made pie dough
1 bag(s)large zip lock bag
How to Make Lady BAT'S Apple Pie
- Peel fresh apples. Core and cut into bite size pieces
- In a large bowl: mix together, fresh apples, raisins,canned apple pie mixture, cinnamon , nutmeg, oat meal and sugar.
- Once apples are mixed, place in a large ziplock bag. I like to use the ziplock bags, because they take up less room in my frig.
- Let the apple-mixture stay in your refrigerator for at least a week. That gives the oat's time to soften and the spices to soak into the fruit.
- After the apples have soaked, bring two-pieced pie dough and bag-o-apples to room temperature. Set your oven to 425.
- Pull out your favorite pie pan. Place one piece of the pie dough into the bottom for the pie pan. Fill with apple mixture.
- Place second piece of pie dough over apple mixture. With a knife; make several small slices on the top of the pie, for venting. I like to spray a little bit of Pam on the top of the pie and sprinkle a sugar & cinnamon mixture on top.
- To prevent burning of the pie edges: place foil on the pie edges. Bake for 10 mins at 425. Then turn your oven down to 350 for a remaining 40 minutes. Let cool, enjoy!