Kool Aid Pie
- chocolate wafer cookies (i use nabisco famous chocolate wafers)
- 1/2 stick
- unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1(8oz.) pkg
- cool whip
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg
- raspberry kool aid drink mix (unsweetened)
How to Make Kool Aid Pie
- 1FOR THE CRUST: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Place cookies in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and process until the pieces are about the size of peas. Stop the motor, add the melted butter, and continue to process until the crumbs are fine, about the size of coarsely ground coffee (you should have about 1 1/2 cups). Alternatively, place the cookies in a resealable plastic bag, press out the air, and seal. Using a rolling pin, smash into fine crumbs until uniform. Transfer to a medium bowl, add melted butter, and mix until evenly combined.
- 2Pour crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and, using the bottom of a cup or your fingers, press firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides. Bake until fragrant, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before filling.
- 3FOR THE FILLING: Meanwhile, Mix Cool Whip, milk and Kool Aid powder in a bowl. Blend well.
- 4Pour the filling into the crust. Cover and chill 1 hour.