Jonny Ray's Lemon Meringue pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2pie shell, baked
8eggs, separated room temp.
3 1/2 cboiling water
1/2 ccold water
2 1/2 csugar
1 1/4 ccorn starch
1 clemon juice
2 tsplemon zest
1 stickreal butter
8egg whites room temp
1 jar(s)7 oz. marshmellow cream
2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Jonny Ray's Lemon Meringue pie
- Lemon filling
- In heavy pot mix sugar, corn starch, and salt
- add 1/2 cup cold water, stir until well mixed
- over med. high heat pour in boiling water slowly, stir with wooden spoon, stirring constantly.
- cook until the filling is thick and is clear. Let the mixture boil for 2 min while stirring constantly.
- remove from heat, beat egg yolks lightly then add 4 large spoonful of hot mixture to yolks while stirring ( this is bring the yolks to temp. so they want scramble )
- drizzle the egg mixture into your hot mixture, stirring constantly, let mix come to boil and boil for 2 min.
- remove from heat, add lemon juice, zest, butter and mix well
- let cool slightly while you make your meringue.
- beat whites until they are foamy, then start adding the sugar one TBLS. at a time, beat between each addition, beat in vanilla when you have stiff peaks.
- now add your marshmellow cream, you want to add this 1/3 at a time beat it well between each addition
- your whites should be glossy with very stiff peaks. This meringue is so good.
- now pour your warm filling into your pie shells and then pile on the meringue, be sure to seal the edges so it want pull away
- put it in a pre heated oven ( 400 degrees ) bake for 12 to 15 min. till they brown on top.
- let cool completely then store in fridge for at least 4 hours or over night.