Jonny Ray's Lemon Meringue pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pie shell, baked
- eggs, separated room temp.
- 3 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1/2 c
- cold water
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 1/4 c
- corn starch
- 1 c
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- lemon zest
- 1 stick
- real butter
- egg whites room temp
- 8 Tbsp
- 1 jar(s)
- 7 oz. marshmellow cream
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Jonny Ray's Lemon Meringue pie
- 1Lemon filling
- 2In heavy pot mix sugar, corn starch, and salt
- 3add 1/2 cup cold water, stir until well mixed
- 4over med. high heat pour in boiling water slowly, stir with wooden spoon, stirring constantly.
- 5cook until the filling is thick and is clear. Let the mixture boil for 2 min while stirring constantly.
- 6remove from heat, beat egg yolks lightly then add 4 large spoonful of hot mixture to yolks while stirring ( this is bring the yolks to temp. so they want scramble )
- 7drizzle the egg mixture into your hot mixture, stirring constantly, let mix come to boil and boil for 2 min.
- 8remove from heat, add lemon juice, zest, butter and mix well
- 9let cool slightly while you make your meringue.
- 11beat whites until they are foamy, then start adding the sugar one TBLS. at a time, beat between each addition, beat in vanilla when you have stiff peaks.
- 12now add your marshmellow cream, you want to add this 1/3 at a time beat it well between each addition
- 13your whites should be glossy with very stiff peaks. This meringue is so good.
- 14now pour your warm filling into your pie shells and then pile on the meringue, be sure to seal the edges so it want pull away
- 15put it in a pre heated oven ( 400 degrees ) bake for 12 to 15 min. till they brown on top.
- 16let cool completely then store in fridge for at least 4 hours or over night.