Italian Grain (Farro) Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3-4frozen pie shells
3 lbricotta cheese
1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 pkgmilk chocolate morsels
2 1/2 citalian grain (farro or winter wheat)
How to Make Italian Grain (Farro) Pie
- Soak grain in cold water overnight (approx. 24 hours)
- Drain grain and boil in fresh water until grain is the consistency of half cooked rice.
- Mix ricotta, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, chocolate morsels and grain in a bowl. HINT: (grain should taste sweet before baking).
- Fill pie shells very full. Optional: you can use another pie shell to make a criss-cross pattern on the top of pie.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees until firm.
Yields: 2-3 pies