Italian Grain (Farro) Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- frozen pie shells
- 3 lb
- ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 pkg
- milk chocolate morsels
- 2 1/2 c
- italian grain (farro or winter wheat)
How to Make Italian Grain (Farro) Pie
- 1Soak grain in cold water overnight (approx. 24 hours)
- 2Drain grain and boil in fresh water until grain is the consistency of half cooked rice.
- 3Mix ricotta, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, chocolate morsels and grain in a bowl. HINT: (grain should taste sweet before baking).
- 4Fill pie shells very full. Optional: you can use another pie shell to make a criss-cross pattern on the top of pie.
- 5Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees until firm.
Yields: 2-3 pies