Ice Cream Pie
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh, this one will be a hit around your table for those of all ages! I really enjoyed the marshmallow cream addition. This one is wonderful the way it is, but I wonder how it would be with some chopped pecans between the two ice cream layers. Delish! The Test Kitchen
1graham cracker pie crust
1 jar(s)hot fudge topping
1 jar(s)marshmallow topping
2 - 3 cchocolate ice cream (your favorite brand)
2 - 3 cvanilla ice cream (your favorite brand)
How to Make Ice Cream Pie
- Heat hot fudge topping just enough to achieve spreadable consistancy. (You can also spread this cold but I found that a little warm worked better) Spread topping on bottom of graham cracker pie crust & up the sides. You can set out the ice cream to soften or just pop it in the microwave for about 10 - 15 seconds right before using.
- Spread the marshmallow topping next. Same as hot fudge; you may want to heat it a bit for easier spreading. Freeze for about 15 - 20 minutes or until cold enough so that when you spread the ice cream on top it doesn't move.
- Spread either your chocolate or vanilla (or whatever flavor you prefer), ice cream next. Use whatever leftover hot fudge/marshmallow topping you have place next. Freeze again until ice cream & toppings are firm so when you spread your next ice cream flavor, it stays in place. Freeze until you are ready to serve.
- Drizzle caramel topping on each slice according to your preference.
- Cover well & place leftovers (if any) in freezer.